Speech and Language Therapy
Speech and Language Therapist works with children and adolescents from 0 to 18 years, who have:
- Communication problems – when a person has difficulties to express his/her thoughts and feelings, interaction and playing with peers, sharing personal space and emotions.
- Receptive Language problems – difficulties in understanding words and gestures.
- Expressive Language problems –difficulties in expressing his/her want and needs.
- Speech problems – when a person is unable to produce speech sounds correctly or fluently, which is hard to understand; or has problems with his or her voice.Difficulties in pronouncing sounds, articulation disorders and stuttering are examples of speech disorders.
- Feeding and swallowing difficulties.
Speech and Language therapist evaluates existing problem, plans intervention and provides the process of therapy.