Child Neurologist/Psychiatrist Academic director
|From 2014 up to present – PhD student at Ilia State University. Medical Research Institute.(research interest in Autism Spectrum Disorders)
• 2008 – 2011 – Psychiatry Residency Training Program. Tbilisi State Medical University,Postgraduate Medical Education and Continuous Professional Development Institute.
• 2000 – 2004 – Child Neurology Residency Training Program. Tbilisi State Medical University, Postgraduate Medical Education and Continuous Professional Development Institute. M.Iashvili Childrens Central Hospital.
• 1986 – 1997 – Tbilisi State Medical University. Faculty of Pediatrics.Doctor of Medicine (Pediatrician).Professional experience
• From September 2015 – up to present – Mental Health Center GAMMA.Children and Adolescent Psychiatrist
• 2012 – 2015 – Neurodevelopment Center, Mental Health Department. Psychiatrist
• 2009 – 2012 – M.Iashvili Children’s Central Hospital, Mental Health Department. Psychiatrist’s assistant
• 2004 – 2009 – M.Iashvili Children’s Central Hospital , Neurology Department.Child Neurologist.
POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
2005 -2007 – Have Successfully completed the national cognitive and skills evaluations in accordance with the curriculum of American Heart Association for the Pediatric Advanced life Support Program. conducted in Tbilisi, Georgia in the framework of Tbilisi-Atlanta Health partnership and sponsorship by United Sates Agency of International Development.( PALS Provider)
• 2007- participation in teaching course “Epileptic Syndromes in Infancy and Early Childhood” with participation of experts of EPNS:
Prof. B. Neville MD; Prince of Wales’s professor of childhood epilepsy
Prof. F. Vigevano MD; Prof. of Neurology; Head of Paediatric Neuroscience
• 2008 – M.D.Fellow In the Neuropsychiatry unit of the “Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu” (Italy.Rome)
• 2009 – Training course on Child Mental Health Issues, organized within the project ”The Development of Child Mental Health Services in Georgia.”( GIP. Vilnius.Lithuania)
• 2010 – Training course for eligibility to use Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-( ADOS ) all four modules in clinical practice (GB, Cambridge)
• 2010 – Basic course in ”Picture Exchange Communication System”(PECS) Pyramid Educational Consultants of Germany)
• 2012 – Participation in teaching course “Neuroradiologic correlates of Pediatric Neurological Diseases” with participation of prof. R.Korinthenberg MD, Prof. of Paediatrics and Child Neurology; Department of Neuropediatrics and Muscular Diseases, Paediatric University Hospital, Albert Ludwig’s University, Freiberg, Germany. (Case-report presentation)
• 2014 – Weill Cornell Seminar in Salzburg in collaboration with the Medical University of Insbruck. ”Psychiatry” Seminars. Salzburg.Austria
• 2015 – „Autism Online Course for Leaders in Georgia“-Cecilia Breinbauer, MD, MPH, is the Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and Clinical Assistant Professor at the Departments of Global Health and Psychiatry Program of Global Mental Health at the University of Washington.- participant.
• 2015 – 5th Young Psychiatrists Network Meeting.”Between Past and Future”, participant. Greece , Porto Helli
• 2016 – 22/10/.2016-7/12/2016 Clinical course in Child Psychiatry. “Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu” (Italy.Rome)
• 2016 –International Conference “Early Childhood Intervention For Disability Prevention. ”Georgian Academy of Childhood Disability European Academy of Childhood Disability Speaker. Georgia. Tbilisi.
• 2016 – II Congress Of Autism Research( AIRA).Italy. Rome
• 2017 – WPA XVII World Congress of Pychiatry ( E-poster presentation),Berlin. Germany
• 2017 – “The First Research Course for Early Career Mental Health Specialists And Students” . Kiev, Ukraine
• 2018 – ECNP School of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychopharmacology. Venice.Italy
• 2018 – International Training Seminar in Child and adolescent Psychiatry. (WPA), Bertinoro, Italy
• 2018 – IACAPAP 2018, Donald J.Cohen Fellowship Program for International Scholars in Child and Adolescent Mental Health. Prague. Czech Republic
• 2018 – EACD International Conference „Together We Are stronger“.Oral presentation. Tbilisi. Georgia
• 2019-2022 Reasearch Project : ”Prevalence, clinical characteristics and risk-factors of autism spectrum disorders in Georgia”- young researcher
• 2019 – EACD-The conference managing Clinical Complexity in Children with Neurodevelopmental Disorders. Invited Speaker. Tbilisi.Georgia
• 2020 – Training course for eligibility to use Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-( ADOS ) all four modules in clinical practice ( The University of California, San Francisco)
languages: Georgian – Native, English – ILTS-6.0 (speaking 7.0), Russian –very good